Qt 5.6.1 and 5.7.0 buildtime version-check list

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 15:47:42 UTC 2016

Alohas,

since with Qt 5.6.0 we've seen some KDE software have build time
improvements that are not neatly communicated such that one would
think to rebuild the software in question, I'd like to offer a list
for recently released 5.6.1 and 5.7.0 as well.

Please note that the list is non-exhaustive and in particular for
5.7.0 more additions are not entirely unlikely. To that end I'd also
like to refer you to [1] and [2] for reasonably complete lists on
both.

The following software should be rebuilt when picking up the affected
Qt versions.

# Qt 5.6.1
## frameworks
- kio (test only)
## plasma
- kwin (test only)
## apps
- kmail (shouldn't have runtime impact)
- messagelib

# Qt 5.7.0
# frameworks
- kauth (drops Qt 5.6 deadlock workaround)
# plasma
- kwin (QPA cchange)
# apps
- akregator
- analitza (test only)
- akonadi
- calendarsupport (test only)
- kleopatra (if I am not mistaken you need to rebuild this to avoid
runtime problems from clashing symbols!)
- libksieve
- messagelib

[1] 5.7.0 ifdefs
https://lxr.kde.org/search?_filestring=&_string=%22QT_VERSION_CHECK%285%2C7%2C0%22