Fwd: Could I make a tag for k3b kf5 branch?

Leslie Zhai xiang.zhai at i-soft.com.cn
Sat Jul 16 08:13:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

As required by libkcddb suggested in
https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/libkcddb/
I want to help those projects (audex, kaudiocreator, audiocd-kio and
soundkonverter) for migrating to KF5 and Qt5, trust me, I experienced
and good at qt3 -> migrate -> qt4 -> migrate ->qt5

For KDE Applications 16.08 dependency freeze
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-cvs-announce/2016/000185.html
libkcddb git master keeps using kdelib4 and qt4, have reverted merged
kf5 branch https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=libkcddb.git

But K3b uses KF5 and Qt5 by default https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=k3b.git
I am pround of maintaining it now, and it requires kf5-libkcddb
https://github.com/isoft-linux/libkcddb/tree/v5.24.0 There is RPM spec's
example how to package it
https://github.com/isoft-linux/packages-extra/blob/master/kf5-libkcddb/kf5-libkcddb.spec

I hope those projects dependence on libkcddb migrate to KF5 and Qt5
ASAP, I can help! tellico and k3b successfully migrated to KF5 and Qt5,
and they worked very well ;-)

--
Regards,
Leslie Zhai - a KDE developer https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/users/lesliezhai/