libkdav

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Wed Dec 28 23:31:00 UTC 2016

Hey,

We now have a new created repository named pim/kdav ( a DAV library for
GroupDAV, CalDav and CardDav). That we split out kdepim-runtime. This library
is now in ready for review. It builds already and together with hefee/dev/kdav
branch in kdepim-runtime and is a functional replacement. At the moment
kdepim-runtime is not taking any usage of kdav.

Some outlines:
everything is GPL2+
dependencies: QtCore, QtGui, QtXml and KioCore

It is planned to release kdav within 17.04. But this is not a formal mail to
add this repo to the list of released repos.

Rough future plan:
* make sure kdav compiles at CI
* merge  hefee/dev/kdav branch and make sure it works with a owncloud resource
* streamline version numbers with KDEPIM & send a fromal mail to release team
to add kdav.

Some remakes:
* version number is not streamlines with KDEPIM ( this will be done if we
switch kdepim-runtime ti actually use it)
* @i18n-team: no need to copy strings to other repos, they will stay in
kdepim-runtime (but in other files)
* I don't want to put this into the KF5 namespace, because it is not a
Frameworks, and I think we as PIMsters were wrong in pushing this into that
namespace.
* CI support will come  and is already requested :)

Best Regards,

sandro