Documenting dependencies (Re: KDE Applications 16.04.0 packages available for packagers)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Apr 23 09:59:27 UTC 2016

On Saturday 16 April 2016 20:59:46 Michael Pyne wrote:

> But a simple solution might be to simply tag kde-build-metadata along with the
> rest of KF5 and Plasma 5 when we do a release, as a way to baking in what we
> thought the dependencies were for each release.

+1

No need for yet-another-place-where-we-document-dependencies.
We already have to make sure CMakeLists.txt is correct AND kde-build-metadata,
and this is already a change for things to go out of sync (they definitely do).
Yet another place is just recipe for more trouble, because it's yet another place
that people will forget to update.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5