oxygen-icons & plasma-workspace-wallpapers moved to git

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Wed Sep 16 11:50:42 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 1:32 PM, kainz.a <kainz.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> about the wallpapers. The standard Wallpaper is in kde:breeze should we move
> them into plasma-workspace-wallpapers? the question is that the
> plasma-workspace-wallpapers are an additional package and the standard
> wallpaper change at each Plasma release so the git size in kde:breeze
> increase.

I think the motivation behind having the default wallpaper in breeze
is that plasma-workspace-wallpapers is pretty huge and thus considered
optional. If we are ok with changing this and making it a requirement
then I suppose we could move it. It certainly makes sense if we want
to keep the wallpapers around and after release (i.e. give them a
proper name and ship them in plasma-workspace-wallpapers).

The other option is to create breeze-(default-)wallpapers which we'd
consider a runtime requirement of breeze that contains the standard
Next wallpaper as well as the previous default wallpapers (assuming we
want to keep them around).

So I think the first question here is: do we want to keep old default
wallpapers around or always replace them?

HS