kmix failure in cmake

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Mon Sep 7 13:12:55 UTC 2015

On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 11:58:40AM -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> On 09/04/2015 11:52 AM, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> >Anyone know what this failure when running kmix is about?
> >
> >kmix hasn't changed, this was previously a cmake warning, now it's an
> >error and cmake return non-0 exit code.  Some policy must have changed
> >somewhere but I'm not sure what
> >
> >CMake Error at /usr/lib/automoc4/Automoc4Config.cmake:248 (add_dependencies):
> >   The dependency target "kmix_automoc" of target "kmix" does not exist.
> >Call Stack (most recent call first):
> >   /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake:1036
> >(_automoc4_kde4_post_target_handling)
> >   /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake:843 (kde4_add_executable)
> >   CMakeLists.txt:230 (kde4_add_kdeinit_executable)
>
> I hit the same error in a different module recently (kde-baseapps?),
> discovered it only happens when building with cmake option:
> -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS:BOOL=OFF
>
> Same for you here?

No, I have no problems with kde-baseapps and turning off tests doesn't change kde-baseapps or help kmix compile.

I got kmix to compile by turning the cmake policy cmake_policy (SET CMP0046 OLD)

kmix sets this policy to new but I've no idea why this wouldn't be a
problem until now, I guess something in kde4 cmake stuff changed (kmix
hasn't changed).  Any ideas Alex?

Jonathan