More Plasma bug fix releases

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Tue Oct 27 21:18:01 UTC 2015

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015, Sebastian Kügler wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 06:25:42 AM Eric Hameleers wrote:
>> I like the idea of getting more visibility for bugfixes that will give
>> the enduser a better Plasma experience. Ideal for me would be a patch
>> tracker (not the same as a bug tracker) where intermediate patches are
>> made available that are scheduled for inclusion in the next release.
>> That allows me as a package builder to assimilate those patches if I
>> think they can not wait until the next release.
>
> That sounds like you just want the latest stable git branch, in this example
> Plasma/5.5?

No, of course not. I consider the git branch to be in eternal flux.
The git HEAD may contain valuable usability patches but also other meh
stuff that can wait until the next major release. I do not want to dig
through hashes and commits to find out whether you solved some
blocking issue.
A patch tracker, containing patches you (the developers) consider
critical and which should find their way to the user ASAP, that is a
place where I would look.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>