Fwd: git master branch is now digiKam 5.x

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Fri Oct 16 10:18:57 UTC 2015

On Friday 16 of October 2015 10:49:32 Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just few words to said that source code from git/master branch is now
> implementation for next digiKam 5.x, based on Qt5/KF5. This include all
> repositories below :
>
> digiKam Software Compilation
> digiKam
> digiKam Documentation
> Kipiplugins
> Kipiplugins Documentation
(ok, will merge digiKam translations as for previous instructions).

> libkdcraw => no translations now (pure Qt5 implementation)
> libkexiv2 => no translations now (pure Qt5 implementation)
> libkface => no translations now (pure Qt5 implementation)
> libkipi
> [...]
> libksane

All the libraries above are part of KDE Applications. I remember some
discussion about this (I don't see a final resolution, so copying release-
team). Did you ensure that all the existing users in KDE Applications migrated
to the Frameworks version? If not, the new version should be co-installable
with the old one.

Ciao
--
Luigi