Missing branches

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Sun May 3 19:53:05 UTC 2015

On Sun, May 3, 2015 10:49:46 David Faure wrote:
> On Sunday 03 May 2015 12:19:15 Bhushan Shah wrote:
> > On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM, David Faure <faure at kde.org> wrote:
> > > Error updating plasma-sdk, removing from list of packages to build.
> > >
> > >  > Unable to perform a git checkout of origin/KDE4 to a local branch of
> > >  > KDE4
> >
> > This is tag; should it be branch?
>
> kdesrc-build supports tags when told explicitly, but when it fetches "what
> to checkout" from kde-build-metadata, I don't think tags work.

Yes, there is no way to set a tag in kde-build-metadata and have kdesrc-build
use it. Only branches would work.

If someone set a tag within kde-build-metadata for plasma-sdk then that's
probably a mistake; certain it can't work within kdesrc-build. Mostly because
I agree with David, there's no point for developers to point kdesrc-build to a
specific tag, there should be /some/ branch where development is possible,
otherwise just make the dependency in question something to be installed from
the system.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne