This is not working [for me]

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Mar 2 16:06:12 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 11:00 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> I don't know how to fix it, I am not even sure what's wrong, but this was
> supposed to be a release team, and to me it seems that it's me being the bad
> guy and everyone else just pushing in for their own agenda.
>
> Of course this may be my own perception of the thing, but it's affecting my
> mood and willigness to work on stuff so I decided it made sense to bring it
> up.
>
> Some days this week i really wanted to step down for 15.04 but at the end i
> convinced myself it's too close and I don't want to leave anyone with no floor
> to stand on.
>
> But we need to make this work better for my sanity for 15.08 otherwise I'm
> out.
>
> Does anyone have any magic solution?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Hi Albert,
I'm really sorry you're not enjoying the release work. I don't think
anyone perceived you as the bad guy though.

Having the feeling there's somebody's agenda is definitely
uncomfortable, but I don't think it's the case here. If anything, what
we're experiencing is a growth in the KDE Applications releases
demand. Big projects such as Dolphin and KDE Telepathy are trying to
position themselves in the new set up and that took some effort.

For 15.08, I would suggest to gather during the feature freeze in a
hangouts/mumble meeting and discuss things over, to see what's going
on. I think it will be easier to know what to face this way rather
than waiting for the first beta releases.

Hugs!
Aleix