kde/workspace git module rename

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Jun 30 10:59:41 UTC 2015

On Tuesday 30 June 2015 12:01:47 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> projects.kde.org has a module called kde/workspace that's used for
> Plasma bits.  The name term "workspace" is obsolete and it's confusing
> having it under "kde" where all the applications modules are.  I'd
> like to rename it to "plasma".  I guess this will break kde-srcbuild
> and maybe other build scripts.  Is the tidying up worth the hassle?

It will not just break kdesrc-build but also the local src code and build
trees on our developer's systems. E.g. I have the structure setup with kdesrc-
build and imported the projects into kdevelop using the src, build and install
structure generated by kdesrc-build.

This change would mean dropping all projects from kdevelop and reimport them,
having to deal with branches not being moved to the new git structure, etc.
etc. I expect that this would cost me several hours of work on each system (I
have a build tree on three to four devices). Assuming that other plasma devs
have similar setups we waste several person days just with shuffling
repositories around.

So given that I think this is not worth the hassle.

Cheers
Martin