Future frameworks releases

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jun 17 19:39:47 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Wednesday 17 June 2015 05:19:57 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Maybe you should just trust the amount of negative reactions (and the fact
> that they come from /all the right people/ and forget about your proposal.
> Trust the elders.

Seeing this argument being used by you, of all people, honestly makes me
nervous.

I know I used the "respect the elders" phrase in a keynote at Akademy. During
the QA, I got pointed at the risk of it, which I agreed to... but couldn't
find a better wording.

In any case, the idea was that it was a cultural thing that I believe people
keep in mind in their interactions and I just pointed it was there. It is not
meant as something someone could or should use as a different way to say "now
please shut up and disappear".

Whatever I may think about the initial proposal, the counter-proposal or the
content of the discussion, I really don't like to see such a card played. It's
the best way to drown all of us in formaldehyde.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net