Future frameworks releases

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 19:06:02 UTC 2015

On Jun 16, 2015 12:14 PM, "Christian Mollekopf" <chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm>
wrote:
> I'm glad to hear that. Until then I guess my options are limited:
> * I can keep kimap out of frameworks, but that doesn't buy me a whole
> lot as I still rely on other frameworks,
> and most of the PIM libraries really ought to be frameworks. So I'm not
> inclined to do that.
> * I can maintain versioned branches for all frameworks I need, which is
> going to be a PITA, but at least for me only.
> This is likely what's going to happen until we can adjust the versioning
> policy somehow from by POV.

Christian,

You said you use Qt 4.6, but never update it, and workaround the issues
solved in later versions of Qt. What stops you from doing the same for Qt5
and KF5?

For example, you can freeze dependencies of KImap, etc at Qt 5.4.2 and KF
5.11 and workaround the bugs existing in these versions. If KImap is not
part of KF5 (or not version-locked with KF5), then updates of KImap &
friends will obviously be possible without touching Qt5 or dependent KF5
frameworks.

--
Alexander Potashev