Future frameworks releases

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jun 8 16:47:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

On Monday 08 June 2015 01:28:04 David Faure wrote:
> The thread "Versioning of Frameworks" on kde-frameworks-devel has led to the
> idea that some future frameworks (coming from the kdepim world) would not
> be part of every Frameworks release, and would have their own versioning
> scheme. This is at the request of their maintainer, Christian, CC'ed.
>
> For example:
>   KF 5.12 would contain KImap 2.1
>   KF 5.13 would not contain a KImap release
>   KF 5.14 would contain KImap 2.1.1
>   KF 5.15 would contain KImap 2.2
>
> Would that work for you guys?

Is it me or this whole thing is making most people life harder to please one
person? I'm getting this feeling based on the past discussions on k-f-d and
the replies here.

It's still time to reconsider I guess.

Note that I think that kdepimlibs should be mostly swallowed by KDE
Frameworks. As much as I'd love to see it happen, I'm becoming less and less
sure it can be to the expense of making weird exceptions like what's proposed.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net