[Kde-pim] What's up with kdepim*?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jul 20 12:36:43 UTC 2015

El Dilluns, 20 de juliol de 2015, a les 09:46:05, laurent Montel va escriure:
> Le Monday 20 July 2015, 09:23:40 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> > El Dilluns, 20 de juliol de 2015, a les 06:45:17, laurent Montel va
>
> escriure:
> > >
> > > escriure:

> > > ?
> > > Why we will continue to work on KDE/4.14 when we focus on kf5 ?
> >
> > Again there is noone working on the KDE/4.14 branches except kdepim*.
> >
> > You don't seem to understand what KDE Applications is about.
> >
> > KDE Applications is about giving our users the best experience they can
> > get, it can be based on kdelibs4 or KF5, that doesn't matter.
> >
> > So the fact that Applications/14.12 or Applications/15.04 or
> > Applications/15.08 exists for a repository doesn't mean anything other
> > than
> > there's 3 stable branches and a master branch.
> >
> > I've explained it to you guys in the past and you didn't seem to
> > understand
> > it, since I'm explaining it the same way, I'm not sure I'll help making
> > you
> > understand it.
> >
> > But anyway this is not the critical issue here.
> >
> > > (As you know the number of dev kdepim are 1 or 2 or max 4 and I don't
> > > have
> > > time to maintain kde4.14 and port all kdepim kf5...)
> >
> > This is interesting because you say you don't have time but still there's
> > lots of commits to KDE/4.14 branches of kdepim* by you :)
>
> Yep until we decided to focus on kde kf5 and we decided in april that we
> release kf5 in 15.08
> => I stopped to work on.
>
> Indeed I wanted to make sure that 4.14 was still stable/fixed until I switch
> to kf5.
> Now it's finish so no new fix in 4.14 from me (and as you know I was the one
> developper which worked on 4.14 kdepim)

> > > Ok we (perhaps me) forgot to send a message to release-team, but I
> > > didn't
> > > hide it ? I wrote a lot of blog about it, we decided it on april in
> > > sprint
> > > kdepim in toulouse  and we wrote an email in mailing list.
> > > Ok we forgot to send email to you.
> >
> > It's a small but important detail, tell the release people you want to be
> > part of the release.
>
> Ok I understand and I made an error.
> I didn't think that it was necessary to do it.
> (as I didn't do it for kdegames apps that I ported it was not a problem I
> never inform release team about it and it was not a problem so I didn"t
> think that it was a problem).

none of the kdegames stopped being released from master. kdepim asked to stop
being released from master, so obviously needs to be asked to release again.

Also around 1 million of new repositories were created for kdepim*, obviously
they also need to be communicated they need to be released.

Comparing this situation to one game of kdegames is ported to KF5 makes
absoultely no sense.

> > > Kdepim/akonadi/akonadi-search/kdepim-runtime/kdepimlibs
> > > Gpgmepp/kblog/kcontacts/kidentitymanagement/kmailtransport/kontactinterf
> > > ac
> > > syndication/akonadi-calendar/kalarmcal/kcalutils/kldap/kmime/ktnef/kcalc
> > > or
> > > e/ kholidays/kimap/kmbox/kpimtextedit/kxmlrpcclient
> >
> > akonadi is part of kdesupport, we don't release kdesupport repositories as
> > part of KDE Applications.
>
> I asked to Dan to create a new release for it.
>
> > akonadi-search is part of playground, we don't release playground
> > repositories as part of KDE Applications.
>
> Why it was moved in playground....
> So what is the solution for it ?

Don't ask me why it's in playground, i didn't even know this repository
existed 1 day ago.

Salut,
  Albert