[Kde-pim] What's up with kdepim*?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 19 21:37:05 UTC 2015

El Diumenge, 19 de juliol de 2015, a les 23:23:37, laurent Montel va escriure:
> Le Sunday 19 July 2015, 20:22:11 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> > 8 months ago we started releasing kdepim from the KDE/4.14 branch because
> > you guys wanted, some kind of LTS-ish without really being LTS.
> >
> > Now at some point in the last cycle there were some emails to some lists
> > and some blogs in the planet about kdepim & friends getting ready for a
> > KF5 release.
> >
> > There was no email to the release-team list asking to stop releasing
> > KDE/4.14 and releasing master, but "oh well" I thought, let's pretend they
> > did.
>
> It's stopped by default when we release official kf5 no ? As for others
> program no ?

Being part of the KDE Applications release has nothing to do with being or not
being based on KF5.

You guys just decided to stop on KDE/4.14 for some reason I never understood.

> > But then I had a look at the kdepim build.kde.org job seems to depend on a
> > bazillion of unreleased things, like akonadi, akonadi-calendar, prison
> > (frameworks branch!), kmailtransport, akonadi-search, kholidays,
> > syndication, kimap and I guess more but I stopped looking.
> >
> > So I guess you guys still want to release the KDE/4.14 branches for
> > kdepim*, right?
>
> No we want to release kf5 release.

Being the guy that creates the packages, that is pretty surprising since this
is the first news i have in the release-team list.

How was I supposed to know you want to be part of the release?
I don't even have a clue of what repositories are supposed to be part of the
release.

Also you have unreleased dependencies, at least prison and akonadi. The
dependency freeze was last week.

Salut,
  Albert