gcc 5

Agustin Benito (toscalix) abenito at kde.org
Mon Jul 13 10:39:25 UTC 2015

Hi Jonathan,

openSUSE already shipped a Tumbleweed image based on the new gcc. If
you go to the archive of "opensuse-factory" mailing list, check the
mails with the Subject:  new tumbleweed snapshot

Check the "released mails" since 30 June, published by Ludwig Nussel.
You will see the list of changes. That can provide you information.
You can also contact Antonio Larrosa, for instance, for further
information.

Saludos

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> Ubuntu and Debian are switing to GCC 5.  This means we have a new c++
> ABI for the first time in a few years.
>
> https://wiki.debian.org/GCC5
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2015-July/038809.html
>
> Do any other distributions have experience of this change? Any idea
> how many libraries need to have their soversion changed?
>
> Jonathan

Agustin Benito (toscalix)
KDE eV member
Profile: http://es.linkedin.com/in/toscalix