5.2 beta is out

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Jan 14 13:15:08 UTC 2015

Plasma 5.2 beta is out if you haven't seen the news.

I've noted in the release process to start the announcements on the day tars are made not on the day release is due so we can get that sorted earlier.

Distros, are any of you planning to pick up Plasma 5.2 for your forthcoming stable releases?  I know kubuntu is planning to.  Would be useful to know for publicity.

It'll compile with both Qt 5.3 and 5.4 but there are some fixes that
only get build if built against Qt 5.4 (and the plasma devs do a lot
more testing on Qt 5.4) so that's the recommended version.  Please
remember to recompile if you're swithing to a new Qt.

Jonathan