Plasma 5.2 Beta Tars are up for packaging

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Thu Jan 8 17:24:59 UTC 2015

Up now on depot.kde.org in unstable/plasma/5.1.95

sha256sums and tags at
http://starsky.19inch.net/~jr/tmp/plasma-5.1.95/5.1.95-release-data

New in this release is:
 muon
 kde-gtk-config
 user-manager
 bluedevil and libbluedevil
 kscreen
 kcm-touchpad
 ksshaskpass
 sddm-kcm

We retain baloo and kfilemetadata which tried to escape to frameworks but
got stuck on a GPL requirement.  They however change their version number
to 5.5.95 in the hope of becoming a Framework when they grow up.

user-manager probably won't get a stable release this time, it's features
overlap a bit with Account Details https://bugs.kde.org/342631  fixes
welcome
kcm-touchpad probably won't get a stable release this time, it overlaps
with ktouchpadenabler from plasma-workspace, fixes welcome
https://bugs.kde.org/342629

kscreen and libkscreen have had their frameworks branches merged into master

bluedevil and libbluedevil have not yet been merged into master as there is
ongoing work in the kdelibs4 versions of these, please do check if it's
sane to release the kf5 versions

Some modules are still moving translations around.  I'm not sure if baloo
and kfilemetadata have correct translations.

Happy packaging, release due on Tuesday

Jonathan