15.04 feature freeze exception for dolphin and dolphin-plugins

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Fri Feb 27 10:04:57 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 2:16 AM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> > What needs to be done to release the KF5 based version of dolphin and
> > dolphin-plugins:
> > * remove dolphin from kde-baseapps
> > * merge frameworks branch into master in dolphin and dolphin-plugins
> >
> > The requirements for dolphin:
> > * Qt >= 5.4
> > * KDE Frameworks >= 5.7
> > * ECM >= 1.6
>
> As I already mentioned in another mail, you also need baloo-widgets that is
> undereleased. Who is going to review and release baloo-widgets for KF5?

Does it really need to go through review? It has been shipped with KDE4.

We can just make a release. The KF5 port has been ready for a long time. I
just haven't pushed to make a release of it, since it's difficult to know
where to release it. I suggest we release it part of the application
release, if Emannuel is alright with that.

Otherwise Dolphin can be released without Baloo.

--
Vishesh Handa