5.2.1 tars for packagers

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Tue Feb 24 22:17:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

> El Dimarts, 24 de febrer de 2015, a les 14:48:38, Harald Sitter va escriure:
>> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 2:46 PM, Anke Boersma <demm at kaosx.us> wrote:
>>> FWIW, no such regressions here with Plasma 5.2.1
>>> Krunner/Alt-F2 works as should, focus of opened apps with krunner is
>>> correct.
>>
>> The hotkey issue could totally be a missing kglobalaccel daemon
>> actually. What with it having moved to KF5.7.
>
> Was removed in between Plasma 5.2.0 and Plasma 5.2.1?
>
> Cheers,
>  Albert

The krunner issue was indeed caused by kglobalaccel. The deamon moved
from plasma-workspace-5.2.0 into kglabalaccel-5.7.0, so when I built
kglobalaccel with plasma-workspace-5.2.0 present it picked up a
dependency on that package's libkdeinit5_kglobalaccel5.so library.
When I upgraded to Plasma 5.2.1, that library was gone and
kglobalaccel5 would no longer start.
I rebuilt kglobalaccel with all of the Plasma packages removed and
that solved it.
Thanks for helping me clear my mind and see the root cause.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>
Home: http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/