5.2.1 tars for packagers

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Tue Feb 24 08:58:15 UTC 2015

On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> sorry, but it happens that I have a Weekend and cannot follow up everything
> which someone writes on Google+. It just happens that such comments get lost
> when I access Google+ on the phone. And guess what: I don't care, I am not a
> bugtracker gate keeper and don't handle bugs which are brought to me by:
> * IRC
> * mail
> * mailinglist
> * Google+
> * private talk
> * whatever
>
> if you want to report a bug report, report it on bugs.kde.org. That's way
> better than assuming that I put people on ignore.

With such an answer, can't you see why I think you put me on ignore?
After I asked you my question on G+ you have added multiple posts
about your own development on KWin, so I would have assumed that you
had read my question unless you were deliberately ignoring me.

Judging from your G+ posts, you find it very important to communicate
with your users about your product, and mine was meant as a friendly
question about your product. Trying to find where to file my bugs: is
it kwin, krunner, kglobalaccel, plasma-desktop? A simple "can not be
caused by kwin" would have sufficed don't you think? It was a
honest-to-god question, not a complaint!

I know perfectly well what happens to "generic" bugs reported on b.k.o
and want to be able to pinpoint the application developer who should
look into my bug.

If you are a developer who does not care about fixing bugs in a bugfix
release, and only care about progress for the sake of progress, you
coulld not have made a better point here.

What I am experiencing in Plasma 5.2.1 is quite annoying to the point
that it renders the DE useless for daily use, and my attempts at
addressing this before thousands of other people are exposed to Plasma
5.2.1 packages have failed.
Very disappointing. Whatever.

Eric