5.2.1 tars for packagers

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Mon Feb 23 20:42:09 UTC 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015, Albert Astals Cid wrote:

>> Perhaps some of you have run into the same thing?
>>
>> I see two regressions in upcoming Plasma 5.2.1 of which I am not sure
>> where to address them (plasma-workspace or kwin).
>> First, the Alt-F2 key combo to start krunner stopped working. In a
>> kosnole I see a weird character being typed if I press Alt-F2. The
>> systemsettings5 actually detects my Alt-F2 correctly when I try to
>> force those keys as the Global Shortcut for krunner, but it still does
>> not make a difference.
>> Second: when I start a program like vncviewer through krunner, it no
>> longer gets keyboard focus on its text entry field, and the same
>> happens with the password dialog of vncviewer.  I have to click with
>> my mouse into the text entry field (just examples, did not test or
>> need more programs).
>> Reverting to Plasma 5.2.0 packages fixes these regressions.
>> Any idea where i would have to file these bugs so that they miht be
>> fixed before public release??
>
> Not on Google+
>
> I'd recommend bugs.kde.org
>
> Cheers,
>  Albert

Yes, for published releases. Here, I wanted to see if there are more
people who see the same regressions in Plasma 5.2.1 so these can then
hopefully be fixed before the release is made public.
After tomorrow, sure, I can post this as a bug on b.k.o but for me,
these are serious enough that I am withholding my packages and stick
with 5.2.0.

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>
Home: http://alien.slackbook.org/blog/