KDE Applications 14.12.2 ready for packagers

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Tue Feb 3 21:09:26 UTC 2015

Hi

The KDE Aplications contain a tarball of kde-workspace. The
kde-workspace libraries are required to complie some of the other KDE
4 based applications.  However, kde-workspace conflicts with
plasma-workspace, they have a lot of critical files in common, the
last package that gets installed, wins.

When trying to provide a featurefull Plasma 5 desktop, I need
plasma-workspace and I do not want kde-workspace. Yet I need
kde-workspace for some apps.  How do other distro packagers deal with
this?

When releasing packages for Applications 14.12.1 I decided to just not
ship kde-workspace at all (even though I built it) but that breaks at
least kget. If I don't build it at all, I can not compile kdeartwork.
So that's not helpful either.

I am trying to find cmake variables that skip compilation of the
conflicting binaries, and that sort of works, but still I have overlap
in /usr/include and /usr/lib.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>