KGpg

Jeremy Whiting jpwhiting at kde.org
Sun Aug 30 14:48:32 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I may have found another candidate for unmaintained. KGpg is a ui for
gnupg. I've never used it, but have used kleopatra. Anyway, here's my
reasoning. Please fix any false assumptions I may have made if you
know kgpg or kleopatra better than I:

1. KGpg does gnupg. Kleopatra also does, but is maintained.
2. KGpg has not been ported to Qt5/kf5, Kleopatra has.
3. KGpg isn't part of kdepim nor is it maintained by the PIM team, Kleopatra is.

Is there anything that KGpg does that Kleopatra doesn't/can't do? Or
is there any reason to port KGpg to Qt5/kf5 and keep releasing it?

thanks,
Jeremy