KDE Applications 15.08.0 available for packagers

Eric Hameleers alien at slackware.com
Fri Aug 28 14:45:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, 25 Aug 2015, Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 13:21:23 +0200
> From: Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at kde.org>
> To: release-team at kde.org
> Cc: Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>
> Subject: Re: KDE Applications 15.08.0 available for packagers
>
> On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:02:54 AM CEST Eric Hameleers wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Aug 2015, Antonio Rojas wrote:
>>> Subject: Re: KDE Applications 15.08.0 available for packagers
>>
>> I seem to be unable to compile kdepim after all the other new
>> kdepim related packages have been built successfully.
>> I have grantlee 5.0.0 installed, and it is found by cmake:
>>   * Qt5OpenGL
>>   * Qt5
>>   * Qt5Gui
>>   * Grantlee5 (required version >= 5.0)
>>   * Gpgme , The GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) library) ,
>> <http://www.gnupg.org/related_software/gpgme>
>>   * Gettext
>>
>> But I get a linker error like this:
>>
>> [ 22%] Building CXX object
>> kaddressbookgrantlee/CMakeFiles/kaddressbookgrantlee.
>> dir/printing/grantleeprint.cpp.o
>> [ 22%] Building CXX object
>> kaddressbookgrantlee/CMakeFiles/kaddressbookgrantlee.
>> dir/kaddressbookgrantlee_automoc.cpp.o
>> Linking CXX shared library libkaddressbookgrantlee.so
>> CMakeFiles/kaddressbookgrantlee.dir/formatter/grantleecontactformatter.cpp.o
>> : In function
>> `KAddressBookGrantlee::GrantleeContactFormatter::GrantleeContactFormatter()'
>> : grantleecontactformatter.cpp:(.text+0x2bc): undefined reference to
>> `Grantlee::FileSystemTemplateLoader::FileSystemTemplateLoader()'
>> CMakeFiles/kaddressbookgrantlee.dir/formatter/grantleecontactformatter.cpp.o
>> : In function
>> `KAddressBookGrantlee::GrantleeContactFormatter::setGrantleeTheme(GrantleeTh
>> eme::Theme const&)':
>> grantleecontactformatter.cpp:(.text+0x543): undefined reference to
>> `Grantlee::TemplateImpl::error()'
>> grantleecontactformatter.cpp:(.text+0x564): undefined reference to
>> `Grantlee::TemplateImpl::errorString()'
>> grantleecontactformatter.cpp:(.text+0x645): undefined reference to
>> `Grantlee::TemplateImpl::error()'
>> grantleecontactformatter.cpp:(.text+0x729): undefined reference to
>> `Grantlee::TemplateImpl::errorString()'
>>
>> ...etc.
>>
>> I have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix this. I do want to ship the
>> new kdepim with my next batch of Slackware updates.
>
> I think I've seen similar problem when having both Qt 4 and Qt 5 Grantlee
> installed. Could you try without Qt4 Grantlee installed?
>
> Dan

Ultimately, your suggestion was key to the solution. Indeed, with the
Qt4 grantlee removed, these errors disappeared (but other errors
appeared instead). In the end, I decided to get rid of Qt4 grantlee
entirely and install the headers for Qt5 grantlee in
/usr/include/grantlee/ instead of /usr/include/grantlee-qt5/ ... and
then everything compiled.

Cheers, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers <alien at slackware.com>