kopete and kdepimlibs in apps 15.08

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Aug 18 09:41:04 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:53:44 AM CEST Harald Sitter wrote:
> Hellos,
>
> So, I just noticed that kopete has:
> > CMakeLists.txt:find_package(KdepimLibs REQUIRED)
>
> we do however not have a kdepimlibs (qt4) in Applications 15.08 so
> that requirement cannot really be met anymore.
>
> What's worse: kdepimlibs (qt4) in fact has file overlap with
> kdepimlibs (qt5); namely at least:
> - usr/share/mime/packages/x-vnd.akonadi.socialfeeditem.xml
> - usr/share/mime/packages/kdepimlibs-mime.xml
> so they are not co-installable without tweaking by every distro first.

kdepimlibs-mime.xml could be renamed to x-vnd.kde.contactgroup.xml in KF5,
because that's what it contains. For the socialutil we could have x-
vnd.akonadi5.socialfeeditem.xml in KF5 version... I'll fix that ASAP.

However that's not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that you can
only compile kdepimlibs4 against Akonadi <= 1.13, which is not co-installable
with the version of Akonadi required by kdepimlibs5. The one thing that
kdepimlibs4 needs from Akonadi is libakonadiprotocolinternals.so (that's what
kdepimlibs4 link against). If Kopete does not need to actually access KDE PIM
data stored in Akonadi, then the Akonadi(qt4) server or any other binary are
not needed. We can publish some sort of "manual" for distributions how to deal
with this, but I'm afraid distros will have to figure out the packaging magic
to handle that on their own.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Associate Software Engineer

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348