Plasma 5.4 beta out now

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Sat Aug 15 19:29:56 UTC 2015

On Saturday, August 15, 2015 05:52:19 PM šumski wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 11, 2015 12:20:29 PM Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > 9 days until final tag
> >
> > https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.3.95.php
>
> @distros
> If you try to make the startplasmacompositor work, you'll need to disable
> OOM protection in kinit package, somehow things go wrong with it on Wayland
> session.

I don't think it's a good idea to disable OOM protection for everyone, just
for a tech preview. Also from the testing we had it might be possible to start
the Wayland session if there is no X running on another VT. So I don't see the
reason for applying this change [1].

Cheers
Martin

[1] Please note that I have a similar patch in my build for weeks and didn't
push for it.