KDE Workspaces 4.11 End of Life this August

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Aug 9 18:58:46 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:

> Back in August 2013 we promised to do Long Term Support for kde-workspace
> for
> 2 years.
>
> This means this August is the last release for kde-workspace.

With that can I request we also stop releasing:

kde-base-artwork
kde-artwork*
kde-wallpapers

They were used by Plasma 4 only.
Anything used by Plasma 5, naturally we'll release with Plasma 5.

There is one excpetiion; kde-artwork does include a subfolder of emoticon
themes that arguably could be used in Applications outside of Plasma.
Though this hasn't seen an update in years. It can be either split out or
quietly dropped.

David