KDE Applications 15.08 RC is out

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Sat Aug 8 20:50:30 UTC 2015

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 4:58 AM, Johannes Huber <johu at gentoo.org> wrote:

> Am 08.08.2015 um 17:13 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
>>
>> This is something we can't obviously fix at this stage so i guess the
>> options
>> you have as a distribution are:
>>   * See if you can ship the two marbles
>>   * Don't ship the new marble
>>   * Don't ship libkgeomap
>
> Hi Albert,

Hi Johannes,

> this can not be a responsible release management to move the problem
> downstream. If a problem is found in a RC it should be fixed properly. When
> it takes a little bit time just delay the release.

Albert and the release team aren't responsible for the code itself,
that belongs to the developers in question.
They just ensure it gets released.

If it's that much of an issue, we can just expel libkgeomap from the
Applications release module to playground and not release it at all.

The only applications affected by that will be Digikam, KPhotoAlbum
and kipi-plugins, which AFAIK are all still Qt 4 / KDE 4 based - so
merging the Frameworks version of libkgeomap and releasing that will
just break them - so you're going to end up providing a Qt 4 / KDE 4
version of libkgeomap (and thus Marble) anyway.

> Greetings,
> Johannes

Regards,
Ben