KDE Applications 15.08 RC is out

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Sat Aug 8 17:31:05 UTC 2015

Raymond Wooninck wrote:

> On Thursday 06 August 2015 22:21:52 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> I failed to use the proper CC when publishing it in kde.org this
>> afternoon.
>>
>> Any feedback? Is anyone actually compiling this or the Beta packages?
>>
> Hi Albert,
>
> I have compiled KDE Applications 15.08 RC for openSUSE and have the
> following failures:
>
> 1)	libkgeomap will no longer compile as that it requires the
Qt4/KDE4
> version of Marble, but Marble is now Qt5/KF5 based.

It's been possible to ship both Qt4 and Qt5 based libmarblewidget for
awhile, but it seems that marble devs disabled Qt4 support only recently.

Either way, the suggestion to ship 2 marbles (as Albert suggested), one
Qt4/kde4 based and one Qt5/kf5 based is reasonable. It just means
downstreams will have to use separate sources to do it (instead of building
twice from the same sources as before).

-- Rex