Release Dates for August

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Wed Apr 15 09:08:10 UTC 2015

Am Dienstag, 14. April 2015, 16.26:36 schrieb Jonathan Riddell:

Morning Jonathan

This is your shadow speaking: thanks for bringing this up.

First question: what's the reason to squash the 15.08 release schedule?

Then then first two items in the 15.08 schedule still say 15.04 and February.

> I've put up my proposal for releases in August
>
> https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=031gkgqg1hjf8lcmj0em1d2sj8%40grou
> p.calendar.google.com
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Frameworks
> same format as currently, tagging on first Saturday, release on
> following Thursday, makes 5.13 on Thu August 6th.
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5
> delayed a month to not clash with Akademy and allow Baloo to move to
> new format incompatible with kdelibs4 format
> beta tagged on Thursday 6th (same day as kf5.13 release)
> final tagged two weeks later on thursday 20th
>
> https://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/15.08_Release_Schedule
> Simplified release cycle, beta 3 weeks before release, rc 2 weeks
> before, tagging 1 week before, all on Wednesdays.
> release on August 19th
>
> Any comments welcome (preferably on release-team@)

See above. I general I think it might make sense to squash it a bit but would
like to know the reason and idea behind it in particular.

And then what Albert wrote.

Thanks
Mario