Kig Master Branch for KDE 14.12

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Oct 31 22:03:09 UTC 2014

El Divendres, 31 d'octubre de 2014, a les 14:49:47, Aleix Pol va escriure:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 8:21 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > El Dijous, 30 d'octubre de 2014, a les 13:32:26, David Narvaez va
escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > While going through my checklist for 14.12 readiness, I totally forgot
> > > the obvious: merge the frameworks branch into master. I remembered
> > > that now that the freeze is in place, so I am wondering if I can get a
> > > last minute chance to merge my frameworks branch if the 14.12 branches
> > > have not yet been created.
> >
> > Question, is the frameworks branch a pure port of the master branch to KF5
> > or
> > it has new features?
> >
> > If it has new features that we want users to be able to use, i'd say go
> > ahead
> > and merge it, if it's "the same thing" but just ported to KF5, i'm
> > undecided
> > (would welcome others opinions).
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >   Albert
> >
> > > Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
> > >
> > > David E. Narvaez
>
> I'd say it depends on the maintainer, but in general it's more work to
> maintain 3 branches (qt4 and frameworks, and KDE/14.12).

How's that an issue? Speaking theoricatelly since he already merged frameworks
to master yesterday, if we did not allow it because it was past the freeze he
could have done it after the freeze and still only have 2 branches to maintain
Applications/14.12 and master, no?