Kig Master Branch for KDE 14.12

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Thu Oct 30 22:38:36 UTC 2014

El Dijous, 30 d'octubre de 2014, a les 16:13:36, David Narvaez va escriure:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
> > Question, is the frameworks branch a pure port of the master branch to KF5
> > or it has new features?
>
> It is just a port to KF5.
>
> > If it has new features that we want users to be able to use, i'd say go
> > ahead and merge it, if it's "the same thing" but just ported to KF5, i'm
> > undecided (would welcome others opinions).
>
> Won't 14.12 branches be created from master? I thought we had to have
> master based on KF5 if we wanted to release the KF5 port in December.

14.12 will be created from master, yes.

You are right, master has to be based on KF5 if you want 14.12 to be KF5
based.

I'm just undecided that we need to grant an exception here given that "it's
the same thing" for the user since it's just a port (i.e. doesn't have new
features the user would want).

On the other hand the sooner we get a KF5 port released the sooner it'll be
ironed out.

So i'd say go for it and merge it if you are *really*  *really*  *really*
*really*  sure it's worth it.

And please do it before the next 24 hours, since otherwise all the other
things that need to fall into place will be too late for the release next
week.