CMake dependency data now available

Rolf Eike Beer kde at opensource.sf-tec.de
Sun Oct 12 08:57:24 UTC 2014

Am Sonntag 12 Oktober 2014, 21:24:51 schrieb Ben Cooksley:
> Hi all,
>
> Not too long ago, sysadmin received a request to have the tool
> "cmake-dependencies.py" from kde-dev-tools run by the CI system to
> make packagers jobs easier.

[…]

> If anyone has any queries, please let me know.

This is a flat view on the dependencies AFAICT. In other words, you can't tell
if this is a direct dependency or a "dependency [of a dependency]+", so this
should not be used directly for a Depends: line IMHO. I was just looking at
KGpg (what else *g*), and there show up things like Phonon, Cygwin and Perl
that KGpg does not care in any way about, these things are just dragged in by
something else.

It's no problem that these things show up if you use this information as "what
do I need to install to be sure that KGpg builds", but please don't use this
as "these are the things that KGpg must directly depend on when installed".

Btw, is this line for Perl correct?

	{"files": ["FindPerl.cmake"], "version": "5.16.2()", "project": "Perl"},

There are both "null" and "()" as version information for some packages, I
guess they both mean "no specific version requested"? Should those be merged
into the same value?

Eike