Plasma Framework problems

šumski hrvoje.senjan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 15:42:44 UTC 2014

On Friday 10 of October 2014 16:23:41 David Edmundson wrote:
> Packagers,
>
> It seems Plasma 5.0 does NOT run smoothly against Plasma Framework 5.3.
>
> It would be easiest if distros hold off shipping frameworks 5.3 until
> Plasma 5.1 when Plasma5.1 is released.
>
> Clearly this is a screw-up and we need to come up with some better policies
> when we plan Plasma 5.2
>
> Sorry about this.

Maybe best would be to move the component to Workspace instead of Frameworks?
This would prevent this from happening in the future, and give more freedom to
change private, public and runtime API/ABI.
There was a lot of convincing to packagers that this won't happen with KF5
'feature', monthly releases, now on 4th release we see this already doesn't
work 100%

Cheers,
Hrvoje