4.13.1 packages

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Sun May 11 07:03:00 UTC 2014

On dimanche 11 mai 2014 04:08:38 Philip Muskovac wrote:
> On Friday 09 May 2014 16:45:16 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Hi the 4.13.1 packages are at they usual location.
> >
> > Atteched REVIOSIONS_AND_HASHES
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >   Albert
>
> FYI:
>
> I'm reverting
> 9fed45112711cf203a03ba3b3ed5ca0ee796c836
> e6ebd9b593dfd366b8c57932cc3167a8a3ec5b3b
>
> in the kubuntu kdepim 4.13.1 package as dropping library packages isn't
> really something that we can do in bugfix releases unless there's a *good*
> reason.
>
> @Laurent: was there actually a real issue that was fixed by removing those?
> I can't really see anything other than "unfinished, remove for now" which
> is more code cleanup than a bugfix... (And I'll need more than that as a
> reason if I'm supposed to convince our archive admins that this is a good
> idea)
>
> On that note, release team: does the kde stable branch policy actually
> permit something like this? (post-release I mean)
>
> Philip

Theses codes were never finished, were never used.
So it’s not a problem for packaging because it will not a problem for a user.
You can revert locally but remember to do it in each 4.13.x package.

It will not revert in official package.

You can read log in kdepim* I reverted a lot of line in source code which
never work or never use so you can revert them too :)

Regards

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr