Fwd: KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Fri May 2 02:25:38 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 21:20:06 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2014 21:39:36 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Especially with all the KF5 bits is versioned bound to each others (so
> > > that
> > > to fix a bug in one component, you need to update *everything* -
> >
> > are you assuming that or is this indeed the case ?
> > Do all frameworks depend on the same version of all other frameworks, or
> > do
> > they have specific required versions ?
>
> I haven't checked how it is done, I have only asked around how it is
> supposed to be done.

The only dependency is that a Tier can depend on a lower Tier. Other than that
we've essentially just announced that we're only vouching for the quality of
Frameworks as a whole at a given version, although BC and SC compatibility
guarantees will be there. Obviously in practice something like kio-5.5 might
work just fine with kcoreaddons-5.3, but that's not a guarantee we're
advertising in general with Frameworks unless it's listed somewhere else.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne