String Freeze Exception in Baloo

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Mon Jul 28 14:16:28 UTC 2014

Hey guys

We introduced a new query parser module in Baloo for 4.14. This module used
'%1' as a placeholder in many of the strings. This '%1' was just a
placeholder. Unfortunately, KLocalizedString when compiled in release mode
would replace this %1 with K18N_ARGUMENT_MISSING, making the module useless.

If it's alright with you guys, I would like to stop using %1 in our strings
and now use $ instead. See - https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/119519/

This would unfortunately break many of the existing translations. Possible
options -

1. Break the translations. This module isn't publicly used anywhere.
Doesn't matter.
2. Do not ship the module for 4.14. It's not used anywhere, so we can do
that.

I would prefer doing (1). If there are no objections I'll commit the patch.

--
Vishesh Handa