[kde-promo] The name of Applications 4.14 + 1 - how about splitting into 4-part and 5-part

Andreas K. Huettel dilfridge at gentoo.org
Sun Jul 20 19:17:30 UTC 2014

Am Sonntag, 20. Juli 2014, 20:52:26 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:

> No, the confusion comes because that name is too large and confusing. If i
> way "KDE Releases Applications 14.12" there's no confusion, basically it
> means that "KDE" has released some applications that have a global name of
> 4.12.

Hehe... read it again, notice something? :)

> We have had "single application version number" being different from
> "bundled applications global version number" for a long time, i'm
> surprised why this is suddenly a problem we need to discuss about.

Because no user ever cared.

The distribution package? was called kmail-4.12.3 (or maybe kmail2-4.12.3)
The version number in bugzilla? 4.12.3
Someone ask you "which kmail version do you use" and you reply (imprecisely)
kmail2, or "4.12.3", or "the one from 4.12.3".

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
dilfridge at gentoo.org