Automatic creation of version information on bugs.kde.org

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Wed Feb 5 09:55:19 UTC 2014

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that somehow the versions in bugzilla get updated once we had an SC
> release. I don't know who does it, but I assume that someone on the list knows
> who does it :-)
>
> So a small request: please exclude the kde-workspace products for the 4.12.x
> releases. Even better: change it to generate a 4.11.x version ;-)

There is no such thing as automatic version update in b.k.o., the
product maintainer is the one person that should add the new versions,
and this is done manually, both for the version and the milestone. So
if you want to exclude versions this will only generate bug reports
from people using the 4.12.x series being submitted with an empty
version field, which only creates more work for the triagers. If we
release a version with a number this number should also be used in
b.k.o., else the whole version numbering is moot.

You are free to add a comment to all these reports saying that there
will be no bugfixes for it, de facto declaring it to be unmaintained.

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org