Fwd: KDE Frameworks Release Cycle

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Apr 27 14:09:27 UTC 2014

On Sunday 27 April 2014 15:55:07 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Interesting fact here that original the mail was just sent to k-f-d and
> k-c-d.

That was my suggestion, to avoid cross-posting to 4 lists everytime someone
answers, which always creates issues because kde-packager@ is moderated.

> I am seeing similar patterns in the plasma land, where they went their own
> way with the releasing discussion and only sent to this list after the
> discussion happened (or that's my impression) (Note i'm not complaining of
> being left aside since actually i was there in person for the KF5
> dicussion).

Then please don't confuse issues in the plasma world with issues in the KF5
world. I feel like you're blaming me for plasma issues....

> I'm just raising the question if we want to:
>  a) Try to make the KF5 and plasma people work more in the release-team list
> when discussing about releases
>  b) Rename the release-team list to kde-applications-release-team or
> something like that to make it clear it is about "KDE Applications" side of
> the previous three "Applications, Plaform and Workspaces" sides of a
> release
>  c) Disband the relase-team altogether.

I am the release team (with input from Kévin and you) when it comes to KF5
releases, and I was part of the discussion, so I think your claim that
release-team was not involved in the discussion just doesn't apply to the KF5
release cycle discussion. Please don't bring me/us into your complaints
towards plasma.

Working on KDE Frameworks 5