KDE applications 4.14 LTS or 4.15?

Mario Fux kde-ml at unormal.org
Fri Apr 25 19:09:34 UTC 2014

Morning gals and guys

First: there are several mailing lists in the "TO:" above but please just
write to the kde-devel mailing list for this discussion.

As the release schedule for our KDE applications in the version 4.14 [1] were
finalized at the beginning of this week it's time to discuss if 4.14 should
become a LTS release (e.g. until August 2015 like KDE Workspaces 4.11) or if
we need (at least) another features release and thus 4.15?

So what do you think? And most important, what do you, the KDE apps
developers, think? Do you plan to develop new features with Qt4 and the KDE
Platform 4 or do you plan to port your application to the KDE Frameworks 5 as
soon as they have a stable release (like this June ;-).

Best regards
Mario