baoo_file_extractor crashes - WAS - Re: PIM is not good. Would adding an extra RC help?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Apr 6 17:12:48 UTC 2014

El Diumenge, 6 d'abril de 2014, a les 18:42:38, Andreas K. Huettel va
escriure:
> Am Samstag, 5. April 2014, 16:40:24 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > ** Please CC me and r-t list, i'm not subscribed to pim list. **
> >
> > Hello guys, as I hope you all know this Wednesday we are supposed to tag
> > the final release for 4.13.
> >
> > I am sending this email to ask for opinions on the value of adding an
> > extra
> > RC and delaying the 4.13.0 release for at least a week.
> >
> > I'm going to explain why I'd like this to happen.
> >
> > Since the update to 4.13 Beta I've been having lots of CPU and I/O
> > problems
> > in pim related stuff, most notably akonadi_baloo_indexer,
> > akonadi_maildir_resource & friends.
>
> Here's another biggish problem:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/baloo/+bug/1301742
> baloo_file_extractor crashed with SIGSEGV in size()

That's not pim related, let's drop kdepim mailing list from further emails in
this sub-thread.

> The bug report is on Ubuntu, but using Gentoo I have about 4000
> baloo_file_extractor corefiles too, checking two at random displayed the
> same backtrace.

Can you check if we have any bug on bugs.kde.org about it?

Vishesh do you know about this bug? Can you evaluate how bad it is for the
user if baloo_file_extractor crashes?