Late feature plan addition for Ark?

Dominik Haumann dhaumann at kde.org
Thu Oct 31 09:59:15 UTC 2013

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 06:18:38 Raphael Kubo da Costa wrote:
> As some of you have already noticed, I've been much more absent from
> kdeutils as I should have been, and one of the bad implications here is
> that the changes Basyskom made to Ark a long time ago have not been
> merged yet.
>
> I would like to do that as soon as possible, and since many of them are
> feature additions or UI changes there should have been an item in the
> 4.12 release plan for Ark saying "Merge Basyskom's changes to Ark"
> listing Lamarque and me as the responsible people.
>
> Would the release team be OK with that so that we don't have to wait for
> yet another release cycle?

It's already quite a long time that these features were developed, but they
were never merged into the official ark branch. Imho, this is rather sad.

Personally, I'd like to see a merge for 4.12, especially since the release
is still two months away. I trust that there are not major regressions in
these patches, since otherwise I guess you would not propose the merge ;)
But even in case of some bugs, it's better to merge and get it fixed than
to never merge - this is how software development happens...

It's not up to me to decide, though. So the opionion of someone more involved
in the release management would be nice.

Greetings,
Dominik