Release Strategy Proposal

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon May 6 22:51:56 UTC 2013

El Dilluns, 29 d'abril de 2013, a les 11:45:52, Aaron J. Seigo va escriure:
> On Sunday, April 28, 2013 18:46:57 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> > >
> > > firstly, this is not about kde-runtime (at least not for me). that is a
> > > shared module and while we will cease feature work in the plasma/
> > > subdirectory, but the rest can continue on as-is afaic.
> >
> > First then we have to decide what we are going to freeze, it is only kde-
> > workspace I take?
>
> Yes, only kde-workspace.
>
> The rest of your email really belongs on plasma-devel, not here, as it has
> to do with technical code development of things in kde-workspace.
>
> As for why we need to do things in the way being suggested, instead of a
> 4.12 or splitting kde-workspace into a dozen pieces right now and porting
> those, I will ping you online later for those topics. Have a calendar ready
> :)

To be honest from a release team point of view I feel here that the plasma
guys are forcing a whole module lock down without any reason and without the
agreement of everyone involved in the module, so I'd like to hear that
explanation of why we need to go your way too, if possible.