Exception for Nepomuk Ebook Indexers

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Thu Jun 20 12:51:38 UTC 2013

Hey guys

I wanted Nepomuk to have some ebook indexers for this release, but I
never got around to implementing them. I was hoping someone else would
implement them, since they are so simple, but that never happened.

Anyway, I spent some time today and implemented both epub and mobi
analyzers. The epub analyzer uses the libepub library, and for the
mobipocket analyzers I've just copied the code from
kdegraphics-mobipocket.

I'd like to get these into 4.11.

They introduce an optional dependency of libepub.

The code is completely isolated. These are plugins which are run in a
separate process, and even in the worst case if the code is horrible
(which it isn't) and crashes, the user will face no problems. It will
just be as though these indexers do not exist.

--
Vishesh Handa