Kopete changes for KDE 4.11

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 20:47:26 UTC 2013

On Saturday, July 13, 2013 09:53:25 Pali Rohár wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Kopete in KDE 4.11 has fixed more bugs and has lot of new features
> (comparing to 4.10/9/8 versions). I'm sending list of some new
> changes which could be in KDE 4.11 release page.
>
> * Kopete migrated from svn to git
> * Fixed memory leaks, corruptions and NULL dereferences
> * Fixed lot of Kopete crashes at exit, at logout and when closing modal
> dialogs * Support for adding new contacts to Top Level group
> * Allow inviting users to groupchat by drag-n-dropping
> * Automatically logout and login with suspend/resume
> * Activate webcam preview in settings dialog only if webcam tab is selected
> * New sqlite history plugin (by default old one is used and new is disabled)
> * SSL support for ICQ protocol (enabled by default for all ICQ accounts) *
> Updated jabber libiris library from upstream
>     - Fixed lot of connections problems (specialy legacy SSL and logining)
>     - Support for SCRAM-SHA-1 SASL login mechanism (needed for new servers)
>     - XMPP 1.0 support (this fixed login to gmx, facebook and other servers)
> * Updated jabber google libjingle library for gtalk voice calls
> * Fixed wizard for registring new jabber account
> * Support for jabber XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts (sender and reciver
> of chat messages will see delivery status) * Support for jabber XEP-0199:
> XMPP Ping
> * Fixed problems with skype protocol when user sent or recived
> same/duplicate messages

I love you. Really, if I wasn't married, I might propose ;-)

If only more developers would do this ;-)

Thanks a lot!

@release team: I'd love it if you folk would think about a process change for
our development which would include, somewhere, the writing-down-of-features a
bit like above. Like in the always-summer thing: feature branches being merged
need a proper explanation (like above) and a tag ("FEATURE:XX) or get denied.
Or something like that. Then we'd just collect the change logs that are tagged
with FEATURE and we can write announcements.

/me can dream