4.10 RC3 tarballs available for packagers

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Jan 17 19:08:04 UTC 2013

On Thursday 17 January 2013 18:41:31 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Besides Jonathan's fix it also contains two other commits because people
> don't respect tagging freezes.
I would phrase it differently: people don't understand or don't know about the
freeze when they push.

I have a commit for 4.10 branch and I push it because I want to have it in the
release. I don't check each time when I do a commit on the release schedule
when there is a freeze or any other event. Bugfix -> 4.10, everything else ->
master. It's as simple as that and I don't care for more.

If there is a freeze that does not allow commits in a branch it has to be done
on the git level and not in the hope that people read and remember it.

Side note: I have now been around for five years and still I have no clue what
the tagging freeze is supposed to be. In the SVN days I thought it's the
timepoint which determines which commit becomes the release tag, but for the
git case I have no clue what this freeze should be, especially as it is more
than a time point.

Cheers
Martin