We are having RC3 was: Re: Another RC?, was: Re: Akonadi-Nepomuk Feeder Improvements

Jos Poortvliet jos at opensuse.org
Tue Jan 1 15:44:58 UTC 2013

On Monday 31 December 2012 17:23:11 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dilluns, 31 de desembre de 2012, a les 16:44:18, Martin Gräßlin va
> escriure:
<snip>
> > what about Kubuntu uses stable from branch as of freeze day? That would
> > be very close to 4.10.2.
> >
> > Or maybe tag 4.10.2 at the Kubuntu freeze day, but otherwise keep the
> > schedule shifted?
>
> Honestly, who cares if Kubuntu ships 4.10.1(because we made an RC3) or
> 4.10.2 (because we did not make an RC3)?
>
> It will still be "x days" after the freeze so the code quality will be
> very similar.
>
> Since it seems almost everyone agrees we want an RC3 but noone is doing
> the step to announce it, i will do it.
>
> We will keep the same separation as between RC1 and RC2, i.e. two weeks,
> so
>
> January 2, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Tagging Freeze for Release Candidate 2
> January 3, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 2 Tagging
> January 4, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 2 Release
> January 16, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Tagging Freeze for Release Candidate 3
> January 17, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 3 Tagging
> January 18, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release Candidate 3 Release
> January 30, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Final Tag
> February 6, 2013: KDE SC 4.10 Release
>
> Vishesh, Christian can you please commit your respective code ASAP?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert

Cool. Even inspired me to prepare the dot story for the release (just re-
doing the first sentences...)

Text:
"Today KDE released the second release candidate for its renewed Workspaces,
Applications, and Development Platform. Meanwhile, the KDE release team has
decided to schedule a 3rd release candidate to allow for more testing,
pushing the 4.10 releases into the first week of February 2013. Further
testing and bug fixing will allow KDE to deliver rock-stable products to
millions of users world wide."

http://dot.kde.org/2013/01/01/kde-ships-second-release-candidate-plasma-
workspaces-applications-and-platform-410

I know the dot story isn't the biggest chunk of work but every bit helps,
right?

Jos